These nutty tree fruits aren’t so “nutty” at all!
If you look at a coconut, you may have the urge to drink the fantastic juices inside. Refreshing right? You may even think about eating the coconut too. Yum! But you wouldn’t necessarily think about using the oils from a coconut and rubbing it on your dry elbows, would you? Umm.? Well, there are many other ways coconuts can be used. It is such a versatile yet straightforward fruit that you may not have imagined to be so right for you. The oils from a coconut are like a superfood for our bodies. Let’s dive right into its benefits.
Coconut oil is used in many beauty products and for a good reason. First off, it’s naturally antifungal and antibacterial. It’s an excellent moisturizer, and the smell is excruciating pleasing.
I personally use real raw organic coconuts that I get from a Oahu painting contractor company that gets free cocouts from their jobs to make my oil. But, you can easily get organic coconut oil from almost anywhere.
1. Rub. In need of a massage? There are many different oils you can use for giving or receiving massages, but a natural oil to apply is coconut oil. Its a great moisturizer and it smells like cookies.
2. Shine. If hair is stripped of its precious oils, it can become dull and boring. If you need a little shine feel free to grab your bottle of coconut oil and add just a tad, concentrating mostly on your ends.
3. Scrub. Adding coconut oil to your body scrub can be luxurious. You possibly have all the ingredients right now in your home to make a scrub so luscious you’d want to eat it. Mix the oil with brown sugar, salt, and add your favorite essential oil to complete your DIY body scrub.
4. Clean. You can clean your face with coconut oil. This works best with the double cleansing method. Take off the days makeup with coconut oil, then wash it off with a cleanser.
5. Remove. If your in need of an eye make up remover look no further. A lot of women have the problem of finding a makeup remover that doesn’t sting your eyes. Coconut oil is the answer.
6. Soothe. Soothe your dry hands with this oil. Save your cracked feet with coconut oil too. You might want to make sure this is an at home remedy as you wouldn’t want to be smothered head to toe in oil and have to run errands during the day. Instead, on your day off, as soon as you get out of the shower, add a dollop of coconut oil and rub it all over your body for moisturized, happy skin.
7. Shave. Yes, we said to use coconut oil as a shaving cream. It not only has incredible antibacterial and antifungal properties but it moisturizes your skin thoroughly. It won’t leave you greasy but smooth and plump.
8. Highlight. For you makeup crazies, here’s a highlighter trick you’d want to remember for the days you want to be “blinding.” You can quickly add this oil to the high points of your cheek to add a natural highlight. You’ll also notice some makeup brands; liquid highlighters contain coconut oil base.
9. Condition. Massage the oil into your scalp all the way down to your ends of your hair. Leave in overnight for optimal results or if you are in a rush, at least for 20 minutes and wash out as usual. Your hair will be shinier, moisturized from the inside out, and more manageable.
There are so many beneficial ways to use coconut oil. Think of all the ways you can incorporate coconut oil into your household chores, cooking, and more. Be sure to look up other ways you can utilize your jar or bottle of coconut oil. Don’t be afraid to mix it up.